[Grace-core] Grace

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Sat Nov 6 22:53:50 PDT 2010

Eric

> Thanks for the information. I'm happy to follow the blog, as well as
> the private mailing list and Wiki.

all sounds great. If you haven't, send your htpasswd -n details to
Andrew for the wiki etc.

> I completely understand that you want to avoid the committee-driven
> design. Therefore I will first see how it is going, and give
> feedback whenever I feel it can bring something to the discussion.

sure. well there are already some quite pertinent (and useful)
comments on the blog.

> I might as well diverge at some point, of course. But I guess that's
> ok!
> In general, I'm completely convinced that we need a non-professional
> teaching language--but I have no strong feelings yet about how it
> should be (although your stated design principles make a lot of
> sense to me).

all sounds good. I hope we can manage to avoid divergence - at least
relatively soon,
because I also think having a relatively common language is also very
valuable.

> As to how much time/resources I have, this is also unknown to me. It
> will depend on how I see the grace project going on, how my other
> activities go, and if I can motivate students to get involved as
> well. Time will tell ;)

indeed - as it will for all of us

cheers