[Grace-core] One True Message Send

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Nov 9 17:46:11 PST 2010

> I edited the "One True Message Send" post too.
>
> https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu/~black/NewOOL/index.cgi/wiki/
> OneTrueMessageSend

I've looked at that and it seems fine - except we should resolve the
"copy down" issue before we post it.

we should do "basic types" first...

> I thought that we had decided to allow variadic messages.  I must
> say that i don't see how to do it, but  it seemed like the right way
> to support library-defiend constructors for collections.

it can't be worse than lisp (not that that's necessarily a good design
rationale)

or we do things with tuples and make everything nominally monadic but
practically variadic?

> See the comment at the very end of the post.

that's fine with me, I remember saying that to someone!