[Grace-core] Edited Variable & Constant page

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Sun Nov 14 01:03:15 PST 2010

> I edited the variable & constant wiki page  https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu/
> ~black/NewOOL/index.cgi/wiki/VariablesAndConstants

good!
I've  replied in places

> I suggested "set" as an alternative to "let".  I don't see the
> objection to let, though.  I do object to

sure.

> 	let x ;

yep. unfortunately there are times when we need that or something like
it: for "per instance"
dynamically typed constants that will be initialised in initialisers.

perhaps

>       const x;

is the best after all.

however, it seems we'll need to talk about types again soon.
My real question is: how much latitude do we have to innovate in type
design?