[Grace-core] Grace Darmstadt Workshop details

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Mon Feb 21 04:35:15 PST 2011

Hi all

so the Darmstadt workshop is hosted by
the software technology group:

S2|02 A209
Hochschulstr. 10
64289 Darmstadt

http://www.stg.tu-darmstadt.de/

Depending on when the PC meeting discussions finish
(sometime on Saturday afternoon)  we may start
informal discussions then. On Sunday, we plan to
start around 10, have lunch nearby, and finish mid-late
afternoon (so James & Andrew can make their flight
to London)

The agenda is basically:

1. introductions;  motivations, principles, goals

2. detailed language design (v0.1 spec)

3. Big Questions:
	• how much nesting?
               - Scala, Newspeak, gBeta are aggressively nested;
               - Python and Smalltalk are flat;
	• type system
	• module system
	• encapsulation system

4. Where to from here?

but we hope to keep things informal and
are really interested in your input.

looking forwards to seeing you next Monday

James, Andrew & Kim