[Grace-core] Pattern Matching & Equality and Value Objects

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Jan 13 03:53:55 PST 2011

Hi all

So there as been a bit of discussion about pattern matching -
(whether or not Grace should have an (extended) switch statement,
like Scala and Newspeak) - which I've organised a bit on the front
page of the wiki.

If you look here https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu/~black/NewOOL/index.cgi/
wiki
in the first section ("Draft Notes...") there is a subsection on
Pattern Matching
with a bunch of pages, starting with "- current state of pattern match
discussion"
and then bits of discussion under that.

I've also added a draft note on Grace's equality and value objects:
https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu/~black/NewOOL/index.cgi/wiki/
ValuesEqualsHashCode