[Grace-core] Semantics of object/classes

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Aug 8 06:25:26 PDT 2012

On 8/08/2012, at 17:24 PM, Andrew P. Black wrote:

> My attempts to describe how object constructors and inheritance should work are on the Wiki:
>
> https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu:8443/~black/NewOOL/index.cgi/wiki/ObjectConstructorDescription
> https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu:8443/~black/NewOOL/index.cgi/wiki/InheritanceFromObjects

so I shamelessly borrowed Andrew's inheritance page, and wrote up another alternative design here:

https://projects.cecs.pdx.edu:8443/~black/NewOOL/index.cgi/wiki/MinimalFactoryInheritance

this is related to my "factory method" emails, I guess, and trying to find a compromise.

I don't know if this will can what Andrew wants his inheriting superclasses to do -
in fact, Andrew, can you send a short summary of the problem that needs fixing?