[Grace-core] Minutes of Teleconference 2012.01.10-11

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Feb 21 16:05:01 PST 2012

Everybody on the 22nd because James is in London.

* thinking about Booleans & stuff - J's draft blog posts
- make clearer what are the bad options are (and perhaps why)
   and will post in one or two installments.

* boolean operators
  .andThen  .orElse  -- short circuit?  YES?
   do we want to keep the eager versions?  NO?

 (* note that if we delete them, the &, &&, || and | operators on Booleans can remain.. unspecified...)

* talked a bit about concurrency models

* would we put o<-m(x) as separate syntax for an asynch send?
       ambientTalk: http://code.google.com/p/ambienttalk/wiki/EssenceOfAmbientTalk
    or not go that far (e.g habannero, which as async blocks instead)