[Grace-core] Inheritance and object initialisation

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Jul 24 17:28:12 PDT 2012

On 19 Jul 2012, at 02:28 , James Noble wrote:

>> As a side note, I like the idea of being able to write myObject.type for a singleton type.

We need to be a bit careful about this.  myObject.type is a method request,a nd I would expect it to evaluate to the dynamic type of the actual object bound to myObject.   This is in general bigger (more operations) than the statically known type associated with the identifier myObject, which I might write

	\tau_{myObject}

in a type theory paper.