[Grace-core] Query on built-in objects

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Jun 19 21:06:38 PDT 2012

On 19 Jun 2012, at 18:01 , James Noble wrote:

> sure. the other question is: if objects do (implicitly) descend from some Ur-object,
> if we want to make an object that doesn't, how to we write that?  annotations?

I was going to say: that one's easy, we just write:

	inherits object { }

but of course, that doesn't work, because object { } will itself inherit from the Ur-Object.

Pedagogically, it would make more sense to always have to state the super-object explicitly.

We could say

	inherits Grace.nothing

or

	inherits Grace.defaultMethods

when we want those, or we could make the default Grace.nothing

Amongst other things, I would like to discuss, tomorrow,

	- how importing of modules works

	- having a Skype (or iChat) online chat room

	- the recent email conversations, and whether they have concluded

	- mirrors for Grace

	- process for revising the Onward! paper