[Grace-core] Minutes of Telecom 17-18.5.2012

Bart Jacobs bart.jacobs at cs.kuleuven.be
Mon May 21 22:25:37 PDT 2012

Hi all,

In reaction to noSuchValue: I'm sure you already considered this, but would it not make more sense to use the names Unit and unit (or '()', or 'tt') instead of None and noSuchValue? (As in Scala, OCaml, ...)

Also, it would be useful to have a type Nothing that truly has no values. This would be the return type of methods that never return, like exit. This informs the type checker that subsequent code is unreachable, so that it doesn't complain about missing result values etc.

Apologies if I'm belaboring the obvious...

Bart