[Grace-core] Dialect Design Proposal

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Nov 28 08:40:39 PST 2012

On 28 Nov 2012, at 3:42, James Noble wrote:

> expect that all "inheritable" objects would need to support a clone method

They do in the current design.

> that method would have to be built in,

Not necessarily.  With enough reflection, it can be programmed in Grace, I think, just as it is in Smalltalk

> So far we've survived without clone, right?

Wrong.  That was the gist of my "how can I program this in Grace" message.   Your answer was to wrap one more layer of object around everything just to make it inheritable.  I would like to avoid that.