[Grace-core] My wishes/desires for Grace this fall

Kim Bruce kim at cs.pomona.edu
Tue Sep 25 23:04:08 PDT 2012

What I'm hoping for in both cases is an underlying substrate that we commit to supporting in the future.  I spent a lot of time this summer working on developing libraries based on Processing, only to find that now they are no longer supported.  In the GTK+ library you again add a disclaimer that there is no guarantee they will be supported in the future.  A guarantee of that sort is what I am looking for.

Similarly for the concurrency library.  It is more important to me that I have a dependable basis to build on than that it be fine-tuned for performance.

Can we make a decision on what will be supported in both of these cases?

Kim