[Grace-core] Web-based compiler problems

Michael Homer mwh at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Dec 10 13:36:46 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM, James Noble <kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
>> I just loaded it fine under FireFox.  It apparently is a Safari problem.
>
> I'm on Safari 6.1 on 10.8.5. generally the examples seem to work OK.
>
>>  Another Safari problem is that the console output does not appear in the bottom left of the window, making the implementation pretty useless on Safari.
>
> it starts at the top left, scrolls down to the bottom, then keeps on going...
>
>> We should either fix it or put a warning in the paper that it does not work properly in Safari.
>
> earlier versions had a "don't use Safari" overlay so they wouldn't run.
> we could put up a warning, but it's better if it runs there and elsewhere.
There has never been any warning on this. Tiled Grace still doesn't
work and still has the overlay when it finds that flexbox won't go,
since the whole thing breaks then. The IDE has a prompt on the
download button but nothing else.

Given that Safari doesn't seem to be updated any more it seems likely
that it will fail at more and more over time. There's not much I can
do about that.
-Michael