[Grace-core] Odersky talk

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Jul 31 15:59:52 PDT 2013

On 25/06/2013, at 00:16 AM, Kim Bruce <kim at cs.pomona.edu> wrote:

> http://www.parleys.com/play/51c1994ae4b0d38b54f4621b/chapter0/about

> I recommend you take  a look at least at the last part of the talk.

just listening to the talk, one quote I though was very apposite was:

"Scala is the community"

I've always thought the hard job for Grace was not building the language - or the libraries -
but establishing a community of users and developers.   Perhaps not one that can give
away high-altitude watches, but a bigger community than just us none-the-less.

"In Scala you have many many more choices than other programming languages".

yep.