[Grace-core] Fwd: "Type Dynamic" or "Unknown Type"

Andrew P. Black apblack at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 27 18:57:19 PST 2013

I wasn't at the 2.16 meeting, but I think I see why Ron has come to prefer "unknown": it means /statically/ unknown.

Unrestricted, as Kim suggested, is perhaps a little more meaningful.  The point is not that the type of the object will be unknown at runtime, but that it is not being restricted by this declaration.

A shorter term that has the same connotation is "Open", in the sense of leaving open the type of object that can be bound to the variable.

	Andrew