[Grace-core] [Minigrace] minor nits - should imports be inherited

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Nov 28 21:53:31 PST 2013

> Yes, I'm afraid that you are right.  This is an interesting shortcoming of our dialect mechanism that ought to be mentioned in the paper.

Yes it should - although I think of it as a design choice rather than a weakness. Really, it's both.

we should also remember to talk about how the Smalltalk blocks are another design decision/ weakness.

(Was re-reason the Randomo vs Quorum stuff)

> Is it enough to make us drop the no shadowing rule?

I have a folk memory of us agreeing to move that out of the core &
Into a dialect