[Grace-core] Pyret??

Kim Bruce kim at cs.pomona.edu
Tue Oct 1 11:14:06 PDT 2013

Found on facebook this morning in a comment to another post about RacketCon:

Shriram Krishnamurthi Pyret is our new programming language. We're using it for two courses this fall. Once the pigs stop squealing -- oops, once the students give the go-ahead -- we'll make a formal posting somewhere about it. We have: lightweight and a very pleasant syntax; gradual annotations; good data definition mechanisms; Web-based execution; linguistic support for testing; early access to sound interactive programming; and an increasingly nice marriage of higher-order functions and objects. Our semantics avoids many mistakes made by scripting languages (cue five years of studying JavaScript, Python, and Ruby). To support the language we also have a novel cloud-based programming environment built around the idea of programmers being able to review code by one another.

Someone else remarked that it is the competition to Grace.

I haven't been able to find much on the language, but the style guide is here:
	http://cs.brown.edu/courses/csci0190/2013/Pyret_Style_Guide.html

There is also some info at github:  https://github.com/brownplt/Pyret