[Grace-core] Parsing ambiguity

Marco Servetto marco.servetto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 00:14:43 PDT 2014

On 2 July 2014 18:56, Michael Homer <mwh at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> additional bracketing choices, there is as ever Perl 6 to look at.
> It permits [1] paired characters from Unicode classes "Punctuation,
> Open" (Ps) and "Punctuation, Close" (Pe):
>     ( [ { ༺ ༼ ᚛ ‚ „ ⁅ ⁽ ₍ ⌈ ⌊ 〈 ❨ ❪ ❬ ❮ ❰ ❲ ❴ ⟅ ⟦ ⟨ ⟪ ⟬ ⟮ ⦃ ⦅ ⦇ ⦉ ⦋ ⦍

intresting, in the past I used to think that having a couple more of
nice simbols on the keybords, like those, expecially for parenthesis
would have been a good thing to foster the immagination of language
designers.
Now, i realize that having a little set of simbols reduces the number
of concepts we can have in the language with an elegant syntax, and
that pushes us to design languages with less concepts, that is sort of
good....