[Grace-core] Minutes of Telecon 23-24.06.2014

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Mon Jun 23 15:45:55 PDT 2014

* Femi is hacking on tabs.js to make files available
* Clement is translating benchmarks
* Kim is writing the book and has done a first lab
* James is working on other stuff (but hopes to have a day later in the week)
* Tim is integrating the IDE stuff (and eventually the backend)

* talked a bit about === operators
 - make == programmer definable
    - but strongly discourage people from redefining it
    - what is the conceptual model?? can we keep EGAL's sprit while disavowing it's letter
      - immutable objects can be == based on values
      - mutable objects should only be == to themselves (identity comparison)

 - yes we want a low-level primitive identity operator as well?
    - could be in a sys library
     - could be done via reflection

* confirmed identifiers do not include underscore

* James to email Kim re visit to Eelco thurs/fri before ECOOP