[Grace-core] Class syntax and type parameters

Marco Servetto marco.servetto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:21:23 PST 2014

On 14 November 2014 08:23, James Noble <kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> ome kind of special polymorphic collections built in (at least arrays, these days at least maps as well)  --- that's the design from BASIC & Go;
>  - general-purpose generics we can use to build generic collections
>
> Hmm I guess there is also:
>   - collections use type dynamic (without static checking)
>  but that seems pretty evil if you want t

Err, why you do not even mention/consider the generative approach??
you generate a new class when you need it.
This is also "very near or equal" what is suggested by tim/michel with
the new cached [type] idea proposed yesterday.

And by your answer I think we can conclude that we agree that
 THERE IS NO NEED FOR POLYMORPHIC METHODS
 in a language for beginners