[Grace-core] minutes of teleconference 15-16.09.2014

Kim Bruce kim at cs.pomona.edu
Mon Sep 15 16:53:55 PDT 2014

I just had a student walk in who wants to volunteer for the Grace project right now.  He is a sophomore who has not taken programming languages yet, but has a good selection of other courses (including our theory course, so know about cfg's, etc.).

I would like to get him started on a library or possibly the node.js project, but I need to give him more details.  Since I haven't been working on back-end issues, I'm not sure what I should start him out with.  Andrew mentioned there are some libraries that are on the C side, but not on the javascript side.  I'm guessing that would be a good place to start.

Do any of you have suggestions or more details on some of the above that would help me guide this student?

Kim