[Grace-core] Kotlin language

Alex Potanin Alex.Potanin at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Feb 3 12:35:16 PST 2015

We came across it when writing the DSL paper for ECOOP last year. Kotlin at least started as a project at IntelliJ with motivation being to stop people writing HTML, CSS, JS, etc and rather use a single language to do them all while having DSL-like support to make it "look" like HTML etc (similar to our goals but completely different mechanism from Wyvern Type-Specific Languages).

http://blog.jetbrains.com/kotlin/

It might have taken a life of its own by now though as a web programming language with useful support for formatting and content in a programming language friendly way...