[Grace-core] Comment proposal

Michael Homer mwh at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Feb 5 00:58:48 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Kim Bruce <kim at cs.pomona.edu> wrote:
> Whatever we do I hope we allow something like the following:
>
> method doSomething(…) -> Done {
>       … code to do stuff …
>
>      // Don’t forget to add code here to take care of …
> }
>
> As writing note to one self about what must still be done is very useful.
Freestanding comments, with either a blank line or } after, should be
fine. Those aren't a problem for people or machines. There will always
be a case for comments that introduce a group of related declarations
each having their own specific comment, for example.

Possibly a comment without other attachment at the top of a block can
be attached to the block as well. That is the other case that's hard
to handle otherwise.
-Michael