[Grace-core] minor language issues

Michael Homer mwh at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Mon May 18 14:33:49 PDT 2015

(resending a copy to the list)
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 5:01 AM, Kim Bruce <kim at cs.pomona.edu> wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>
>> I think so too.
>
> While I would discourage students from doing this, it will be handy for publications, so yes.
This was discussed in the teleconference of 17 February 2014 and
explicitly dismissed as a valid rationale for design decisions
(correctly). If you don't want people to write garbage code, don't
write garbage code yourself. This isn't a semantic extension that
allows achieving things that aren't possible at the student level,
it's institutionalised endorsement of atrociously bad code, which the
language was supposedly attempting to eliminate.

Or are the indentation rules going away too?
-Michael