[Grace-core] Backstop

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Jun 7 21:15:52 PDT 2016

I’ve discovered the “Backstop” extension for Google Chrome.  It stops the backspace key from making Chrome go “back” to the previous web page, which is really annoying when you think you are editing a Grace program in the browser-based editor.  It is available here <https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backstop/pidcjgldchekcoolelhbjfbnccjkckfj?hl=en-GB>.  There are a couple of other extensions, backstay and Goodby Backspace!, which claim to do the same thing.  I’ve tried only Backstop: it doesn’t seem to work everywhere, but it does work for the Grace IDE.

In Firefox, you can disable backspace from being the back action by going to the about:config page, searching for the backspace_action preference, and changing the value from 0 to 2.