[Grace-interest] Grace BOFs & Design Workshops at SPLASH (OOPSLA)

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Aug 24 05:19:34 PDT 2011

Dear Grace Supporters

We're now planning the next Grace workshop(s) in Portland Oregon in
conjunction with the SPLASH conference.  Based on the successful ECOOP
workshops, at this stage we're thinking of holding:

 * a BOF on Monday Oct 24 in the evening -- after the Educators'
   Symposium, the Dynamic Languages' Symposium, PLOP, and the
   workshops (including Plateau & FOOL) which are on Sunday and
   Monday.  All three of us will be there for a general report-back on
   the project to date.

 * a Design Workshop on Friday Oct 28th (the day after the
   conference) working over open questions in the design in detail
   (probably the module & type systems).  This will be held at
   Portland State University, an easy tram ride from the conference
   venue & hotels.  We expect some people would stay only for the
   morning, others til mid-afternoon.

We'd love to see as many of you as possible at the BOF and at design
workshop.  If you're able to come, please let us know by emailing
James, kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz, so we have some idea who's coming.

Alterantively, if there is are reasons why the proposed dates don't
work --- but other dates might --- again let us know!

Andrew & James will be around for all SPLASH, so we'll also be able to
catch up then. We'll probably arrange to go out for dinner on the
Thursday evening after the conference (before the Friday workshop),
and we can probably organise another BOF during the conference if many
people can attend neither Monday nor Friday.

We look forward to catching up with everyone at SPLASH/OOPSLA this
year, and hope may of you will be able to come to the BOF and the
workshop.

cheers

Andrew & Kim & James