[Grace-core] Comment from Andrew

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Dec 6 21:15:39 PST 2010

Ah yes.

I chatted with Brian Ford, who is one of the mainstays behind the Rubinius VM for Ruby.

He mentioned that when reading Python, he really liked the

	do:
		stuff
		more stuff

layout-sensitive syntax, as long as the stuff was one or two lines.

When it gets to be 20 lines, he wants to see a visual end marker (like "end" or "end do") to close off the block visually, he help the eye track.

This is from someone who has probably read more lines of layout-sensitive code than I've had hot dinners.  So I am tempted to listen to him.

I have no idea how to reconcile this with the control-structures-as-message-sends principle.

	Andrew