[Grace-core] Putative Blog Posts

Kim Bruce kim at cs.pomona.edu
Thu Nov 4 07:43:27 PDT 2010

I agree with most of what has been said, but (on comments) we will still have faculty who insist the only "true" way of programming is to use emacs or vi or whatever old-fashioned technology gets them closer to the way they did it while in diapers (nappies?).  Thus we need something that will work for them.  Moreover, the lovely development environments that we anticipate having will not be around for at least a year or more.  Thus we need something that will work for the next year as we circulate documents.

By the by, I have so far gotten through the first three "Gracenotes".  My comments all have my name associated.  (Is there some easy way to designate our comments in this environment so that they stick out?)  I've also fixed a bunch of typos.  I'll try to get through the rest today.

As for the "top level" blocks.  Perhaps we can more accurately say they are context-dependent since they are nested.  Part of me wants to say they should be written something like " => {...}" if we want closures, but that just seems too damn ugly!

Kim