[Grace-core] Binding symbol and egality symbol

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Fri Nov 12 11:44:11 PST 2010

> Incidentally, I also agree with the choice of "const" as a keyword.
> When I saw the "let" I immediately wondered why that was chosen.
> "const" is immediately clear and expressive, "let" requires
> explanation and interpretation.

I don't think there is a good solution here - at least not in English.
The problem with "const" - or scala's "val"
is that, well, the object being bound to the name isn't necessarily
constant (or a value)
const at least has the associations from Pascal.

I'd originally hoped to follow Self - without any keywords, which is
why the symbols were different.

fixedSlot = anObject

variableSlot <- anObject

Hmm: perhaps "fixed"?