[Grace-core] Binding symbol and egality symbol

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Nov 12 13:07:39 PST 2010

As James says, it's the binding of the name to the object that is unchanging, not the object itself.  But that will not be obvious to a novice.

Let is conventionally used in mathematics for this kind of binding.  I don't object to "const", but const will certainly require explanation.  Since explanation is inevitable, I would rather explain "let" than "const".