[Grace-core] Minigrace in the browser

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Sat Jul 2 20:53:13 PDT 2011

On 2 Jul 2011, at 14:24, Kim Bruce wrote:

> I suggest that there be a separate folder for each implementation, and within that, one for typed and one for untyped programs.  For example, we currently require some gratuitous "()" in our implementation, though we hope to get rid of them soon.  Of course I hope that by the end of the summer, we can have a single syntax for each of the typed and untyped versions of the language.

Hmm... a large point of having test cases is to make sure that all the implementations accept the same programs.  Having separate directories for each rather defeats this, doesn't it?

Similarly, I don't see us having a "typed language" and an "untyped language".  There is _one_ language; however, the more type declarations you put in your program, the more checks you get to benefit from.   Certainly, the implementation should tell you (on request) when there are places where more declarations would help to move tests earlier.