[Grace-core] Minutes of Teleconference 2012.01.04-05

Michael Homer mwh at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Jan 5 14:41:58 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM, James Noble <kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> * "Nothing" - what an assignment, or a method that doesn't return anything - returns -
>  is called Void (for now :-)
>
> Any - top type, type of any object
> Object - type of most objects
> Void - return type of Commands
> None - bottom type
What does this mean for the concrete value returned by an assignment?
Last time (2011.11.30) it became a singleton object "none"; is that
now "void", back to nothing at all, or something else?
> * Enforce Type names & typevars should start with a Capital
>
> * what should "classes" begin with -
>  if "objects" are lower case, and classes are objects, then shouldn't classes be lower case?
>  if so, can use the same word at different cases for type & class - do we want that?
>    (don't mention it)
Do these two mean that regular variables/classes/methods can not start
with a capital (i.e., the sets of type identifier tokens and other
identifier tokens are disjoint and can be distinguished in the lexer)?

Standard question about caseless scripts.
-Michael