[Grace-core] Minutes of Teleconference 2012.01.04-05

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jan 10 03:26:38 PST 2012

> What does this mean for the concrete value returned by an assignment?
> Last time (2011.11.30) it became a singleton object "none"; is that
> now "void", back to nothing at all, or something else?

so this is an artifact of my unconsolidated spec.
I think the "none" singleton object is being renamed "void".

>> * Enforce Type names & typevars should start with a Capital
>>
>> * what should "classes" begin with -
>>  if "objects" are lower case, and classes are objects, then shouldn't classes be lower case?
>>  if so, can use the same word at different cases for type & class - do we want that?
>>    (don't mention it)
> Do these two mean that regular variables/classes/methods can not start
> with a capital (i.e., the sets of type identifier tokens and other
> identifier tokens are disjoint and can be distinguished in the lexer)?

that is what it would mean.
But as I said on the telecon: I'm not in favour of this - on
reflection, even less in favour.

do we know three languages that have something like that rule?

> Standard question about caseless scripts.

???  oh OK - caseless writing scripts, not caseless Grace scripts...
another argument against?