[Grace-core] [PL-Group] Michael's talk on Grace

Marco Servetto marco.servetto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 22:46:10 PDT 2013

That is my critical review!

at minute 11.40
and the most important thing (the variable name) is at the start of the line.
So bad that at the start of the line you have either var or def.
this also holds for methods, whose corresponding start of the line
start with "method".
Nothing bad in my opinion in starting with var, def or method, but... well....

That in 15.00 "all you do in the language is either method call or
object constructor"
Well... so how literal works? for example a long string literal, is an
object construction?

minute 23
well item.compareTo(null) can work for the opportune implementation of
compareTo everything can be bigger than null, for example

I had some problem to understand the maching stuff, and since I sort
of know that already, that is sort of bad...