[Grace-core] Annotations

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jun 11 15:26:56 PDT 2013

> This is currently a syntax error and you will need a conceptual
> reworking of annotations to permit it.

right. or, as annotations are currently syntactically requests, to rework requests...

>>> So nanograce follows the spec, and minigrace does not.
>
> You all decided to change this following the exact argument you then
> describe, but never updated the spec.

fair enough!  I don't think nongrace doesn't anything (yet) -
part of my reason for doing this is to have a comprehensible
testable artifact  for defining the semantics.

I think the current semantics -  where you can't know
what a single-word request (such as "foo") means
until you know how "foo" is defined - isn't idea.
but again, I like something more concrete we can discuss...

> When you've decided what you want send me a patch.

indeed!