[Grace-core] Annotations

Andrew P. Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Jun 11 18:21:34 PDT 2013

Michael is right to chastise us for not keeping the spec up to date.

I have updated the encapsulation section of the spec to tally with my understanding of the current agreement.  I think that it is clear (but you may disagree), but perhaps overly legalistic.

>>     def x is public readable,writable = 2
>> means only the getter is public (though that looks ambiguous).  Is there a better notation (or set of defaults).
> This is currently a syntax error and you will need a conceptual
> reworking of annotations to permit it.

Michael, are you objecting to the comma?   I know that James has some scheme where the syntax of annotations is that of requests, but don't understand this.   Perhaps you could propose an alternative notation for when one need multiple annotations?

Kim, you were I think raising some issues, but I could not figure out what they were from your email.  Could you raise them again in the context of the language that is now in the spec?