[Grace-core] Minutes of Teleconference 18-19.03.2013

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Mon Mar 18 17:37:28 PDT 2013

* spend half an hour getting online

* talked about Google Summer of Code
       - Kim is writing the application
       - we all need to flesh out google doc
       - James created a page on the blog
       - talked about concurrency & foreign functions as possible projects

* people should look at CSEE&T paper - andrew to give it a good read through

* OOPSLA dialects paper - people should read it & work out what if anything to add / to concentrate on
      - James suggests more on the syntactic design of Grace

* inheritance - two more proposals in the last 24 hours
       - James says: we've agreed on the classical inheritance semantics  / object constructors
       - we're only arguing about the metatheory (that you need only with multiple factory methods for classes)
       - Kim suggests (and James promised to do this earlier)
           we work up a list of scenarios that we can compare

* next week 25/26 - same time...
* week _atter_ 1st university holiday here -
* week after 9th that Kim away

James

Dates & Deadlines

* summer of code proposal is due March 18-29
- Kim to lead this effort

* need to refresh Graceland before app goes in
    - James to sort web
    - Tim will look at design once he's drafted his proposal!
- plan to prettify grace-lang.org by the end of March - at least move the non-WP pages into WP
- get all the papers up there
- what do we want on our front page?
- shopping?

* andrew will write a blog entry and/or grace-interest post

* the OOPSLA submission
- text is 15 pages -
- be clearer about module stuff
- better comparison with Racket DSLs
    with SpooFAXX?  Cedalion? Xtext? - other DSL things?
- better comparison of modules with related work (if we keep modules in the paper)
- more on Grace's syntactic design
- Michael will do a first pass on this

* CSEE&T camera ready Due 25 March

* OOPSLA - Abstract March 22nd -- Michael to worry about
* OOPSLA - March 28th turning around ECOOP paper.

* LIVE workshop at ICSE - demos - April 4th

* Onward! Research - April 5th
* Onward! Essay - April 10th
* OOPSLA Tutorials - April 10

* ECOOP COOMPL WS - April 10 - http://coompl.org/2013/ecoop/index.html
* ECOOP ICLOOPS - April 19 - http://icooolps.loria.fr/icooolps2013/
* ECOOP MAGSPECHI WS - April 21 - http://www.cs.jyu.fi/maspeghi2013/call.html
* DLS - June 08
* GPCE - June 14 - 10 pages SIGPLAN, 4 pages SIGPLAN
* SLE - June 7/ 14   - 20 pages LNCS, 10 pages LNCS

* ECOOP DLS workshop - http://dsldi2013.hyperdsls.org - no deadline, contact adam.welc at oracle.com to present
  - michael to contact