[Grace-core] Web implementation status of Grace?

Kim Bruce kim at cs.pomona.edu
Wed Jan 1 23:45:29 PST 2014

[I thought I had sent this a few days ago, but apparently not.]

Now that I have finished my semester, I am starting to revise my textbook for Grace.  Not surprisingly, one of the first things that I must do is to teach the students how to run programs.  However, because all my early programs use objectdraw, I need to use a platform that supports objectdraw.  My preference is to use a web based implementation as it does not require the students to install anything, something that is always problematic.

The issue is which web implementation to use and explain.  Michael's implementation still chokes on the attempt to import "gtk" when my implementation of the  objectdraw module is being compiled.  On the other hand, Jameson's implementation works fine.  My understanding is that these are becoming more incompatible over time.  I need to choose one and stick with it through the text.

Can someone tell me whether I should be able to anticipate running objectdraw on Michael's web implementation in the near future or whether I should just stick with Jameson's implementation?