[Grace-core] Cross platform graphics library

Alex Sandilands sandilands.alex at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 12:58:49 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Andrew P. Black <black at cs.pdx.edu> wrote:

> I didn't notice this -- but then, as I said, I don' understand the overall
> model.  But I think that its a disaster!  The kind of object you get should
> depend on the arguments to the factory that creates it, not on what canvas
> it is eventually pasted onto.

O_o
Did you read actually read it? Every basic shape other than line and image
has:

// Defines whether this shape should be filled
fill -> Boolean

// If not filled, this is the width of the outline
lineWidth -> Number

As for the comments about it being non-OO, I thought I made it pretty clear
that both options are available. I didn't want to restrict anything.
I like being able to use the Java style canvas.draw.... methods, but I also
like being able to do things like

def r = g.createRectangle( ... )
canvas.add(r)

which is the OO style you are looking for. You can do that. Have a look at
some of the test programs