[Grace-core] Cross platform graphics library

Alex Sandilands sandilands.alex at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 13:42:59 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:32 AM, James Noble <kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> still another question to think about is whether we have one set of
> requests (drawXX or createXX) - irrespective of what they're called
> with a "fill" bit in the canvas or the objects that you have to twiddle

Yeah it's a good point, I thought about it for a while. It felt like there
would be too much duplicate code if I had drawXX methods and fillXX methods
on the canvas,
because they would be identical apart from draw would set the fill flag in
the Drawable to false.
But it probably would make more sense two have both sets of methods, and
not have the flag on the canvas. That's how Java does it.

I mean, what does canvas.fill := false actually mean :P
Feels a bit ambiguous thinking about it now