[Grace-core] Library Structures

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Mon May 26 06:49:50 PDT 2014

Hi Andrew

> so that clients can refer to it as aList.T  Or should be say
> so that clients can refer to it as aList.List?

of the two, I think I marginally prefer aList.T.
But really I don't think it's clear how best to factor modules and types.

I'm not sure what you mean - are you nesting the type inside the class object?
(so the class would have to be handbuilt)

if you have a single collection module, the type should be "col.List"
the class should be "col.aList" - I guess (but then I'm still unconvinced by "aList" vs "list".)
a factory method could be "col.list".

The good thing is: because we're structural, type names are almost unimportant -
the only issue is namespace management.  So you can have whatever names you like,
as can I  :-)

of course, for practical reasons,  we should work out a convention.