[Grace-core] Library Structures

Andrew P Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Mon May 26 11:00:16 PDT 2014

On 26 May 2014, at 06:49 , James Noble <kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean - are you nesting the type inside the class object?
> (so the class would have to be handbuilt)
>
> if you have a single collection module, the type should be "col.List"
> the class should be "col.aList" - I guess (but then I'm still unconvinced by "aList" vs "list".)
> a factory method could be "col.list".

So, right now, the types are inside the module object — hence coll.List

But if I make list its own module, then a type at the top level would become <whateverNameTheCLientImportsUnder>.List, or
 <whateverNameTheCLientImportsUnder>.T

The .T convention makes sense only if there is a single type, which is often but not always.   So probably the .List convention is better.