[Grace-core] typeof/decltype/getType as alternaties to generic methods?

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Nov 19 22:52:02 PST 2014

On 20/11/2014, at 18:47 pm, Marco Servetto <marco.servetto at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some problem to understand this typeof issue.
> to have a map method, why do not just do the following:

that's all fine if so long as you're inside your Map class.

not so fine if all you'ev got is a list and want to do stuff like this

def myList ; List[Product]

myList.map { each -> print (each) }

print "total price =   sum(myList.map{ each -> each.price })

without having to write the result of type the block each time,
and without having to give up type checking