[Grace-core] Developing a Graceful Style

Kim Bruce kbbruce47 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:19:01 PDT 2015

I'm revising my Grace text and trying to find a reasonable style for
writing code.  one issue is where to put spaces in method requests.  Style
guides I've looked at say no spaces before arguments in method requests:
     o.m(a, b)
but on the other hand say that there must be spaces after keywords in
control structures
     if (cond) then {...}

Because in Grace we want to blur the line between these two, it seems like
we should uniformly choose one or the other for both circumstances.  I've
been writing them the second way:
    o.m (a, b)

One reason for this is that it works better for multipart names (at least
in my opinion:
    o.put (elt) on (canvas)

Any suggestions, strong feelings, etc.?