[Grace-core] How many method application brackets does one language need?

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Sat Mar 12 05:47:55 PST 2016

On 12/03/2016, at 13:40pm, Andrew P Black <black at cs.pdx.edu> wrote:

> One is some variant of Michael’s variable signature methods defined with regular expressions, which would let us define the arity 0, 1, 2, 3, … n versions of list in one go

well we don't need to go that far.  We now have overloading on arity - we can just define a series of methods
for list, list(_), list(_,_)  --- or if you prefer, retain the interface from the previous version.

the real advantage of doing it that way is that without either indexing or "lineups",
we can use [ ] for generics without any ambiguities