[Grace-core] How many method application brackets does one language need?

Andrew P Black black at cs.pdx.edu
Sat Mar 12 13:49:03 PST 2016

On 12 Mar 2016, at 5:47, James Noble <kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> the real advantage of doing it that way is that without either indexing or "lineups",
> we can use [ ] for generics without any ambiguities

And the real disadvantage is that something special is built-in for list and set and dictionary which library designers will have trouble replicating for their own data types.

As I said previously, I have no energy for reaping this and figuring out all the details of yet another solution.  Probably because I don’t see the problem with lineups.