[Grace-interest] Grace workshops in the Bay Area (June 4) and Lancaster (30 July)

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed May 18 05:30:35 PDT 2011

Dear Grace Supporters

We are planning to hold a number of Grace workshops in 2011
to get expert feedback, to report progress, to discuss challenges, and
hopefully to involve others more closely in the project.  After the
successful European workshops a few months ago, we are planning
to hold a workshop in California in early June, and workshops with
ECOOP (30 July) and SPLASH/OOPSLA (data tba)

We hope some - many! - of you may be able to come to one or
both of these workshops.  If you think you could make one or other,
then please let us know by emailling James, kjx at ecs,vuw.ac.nz.

There has been little visible project in the last couple of months,
generally because we have been working on other (paid) projects.
We are hoping to re-establish momentum in the design in conjunction
with the workshops - focusing particularly on the type system and
model system for Grace, and also reflecting on questions raised by
some initial implementation efforts.

cheers

James (& Andrew & Kim)