[Grace-core] Frustrations working on Minigrace

David Pearce David.Pearce at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed May 21 14:18:08 PDT 2014

Hi all,

> Regarding GitHub, my experience has been quite good, but I'm sure it
> depends on how it is used. The way I'm familiar with, nothing gets
> merged to the main line development branch without getting a review.
> Those reviews are logged, and if you want to know why something was
> deleted, it ought to be possible to pull up the review approval for
> the deletion.
>
> GitHub also has issue tracking, if you don't already have some other
> server for that.

I agree with this.  Git and GitHub are pretty good IMHO ... I would
never go back to e.g. SVN or similar.  Using the issue tracker is
important, and branching can be a good way to develop new stuff without
break the master branch.  Git is much better at merging branches than
SVN was.

Cheers!

Dave

--
Senior Lecturer in Computer Science,
School of Engineering and Computer Science

Office: Cotton 231
Telephone: +64 (0)4 463 5833