[Grace-core] Should Grace abandon "gradual typing" for "like typing"?

Vitek, Jan j.vitek at northeastern.edu
Wed Jul 27 07:59:29 PDT 2016

Concrete types are fun because they give you performance but that only matters if you really care about execution speed. And if you have a VM that can take advantage of it.

We were running an untyped language (Thorn) on top of a typed VM (the JVM), concrete types was a way to regain Java-level performance for an otherwise untyped language.

Jan Vitek, Professor
Computer Science,
Northeastern University